- Building Thinking Skills Level 2 - Plugging away. I have been very happy with this book -it has a good variety of activities and really gets him thinking.
Teaching Textbooks 5- He finished this level and has moved on to TT6. We decided that since he is "ahead" he can do math three times a week instead of four for the rest of the year.
- BookShark American History Part 2 - We are both really enjoying this, but despite starting back in September we are only on week 19 of 36! I had hoped to finish this up and start on BKSK Eastern Hemispheres this fall, so I think we will finish up the reading over the summer.
- Sonlight Science E - We are only on about week 16; we have been getting a bit bogged down with the TOPS Electricity experiments.
- Spelling Workout E & F - I am not going to try to get him to start SWO F this year, I'll be happy with him finishing Level E, which he should do easily.
Junior Analytical Grammar& JAG Mechanics - He finished JAG and is now on Unit 6 of JAG Mechanics. I reviewed JAG here.
- Writing Strands Levels 3 & 4 - WS 3 will be plenty for this year; he still has several writing assignments left.
- Latin for Children A - Plugging away, but not quite halfway yet. I think we will continue with this level next year.
- Music Masters CD's - We haven't used these at all!
- Mark Kistler's Draw 3D alternated with Artistic Pursuits Grades 4-5 Book 1 - We didn't renew our Mark Kistler subscription because the kids felt they had gotten everything out of it that they could. James has been working his way through the AP Middle School Book though, and has made many wonderful drawings.
Wednesday, April 6, 2016
Spring Homeschool Update: Fifth Grade
I am just beginning to plan for our next year of homeschooling, so I have been checking in with last year's plans to see how we are doing so far. I have posted updates about my 9th grader and my 7th grader. James is in 5th grade this year. I have copied my plans from last year here; comments & updates are in italics.