Literature & History
- Bookshark's American History Part 1- I already own Sonlight Core D, and I was planning to update my Instructor Guide anyway because I wanted to use the revised Landmark History spine. So I decided to get the Bookshark IG while I was at it. Just a few of the books we will be reading....
- Writing with Ease Level 3- James did WWE Level 1, but we never did 2 or 3. I am using Level 3 instead of 4 because he has never done dictation and I think he could use some more summarizing help.
- Zaner Bloser Grade 4 handwriting
I really waffled on grammar, but I already own the teacher book for this program so I only need a new workbook, making this a very cost-effective choice. I debated starting him back a level because he hasn't had any grammar so far, but after looking over the books I think he will do just fine starting at grade level. There is a lot of review built-in.
Sonlight Science D- This year is all about Biology, Taxonomy, and Human Anatomy. A few of the books we will be covering....
I also have the optional Lyrical Life Science volumes 1 & 2 on hand, so we will include that as well.
- Math Mammoth Level 4
- Life of Fred-probably Honey, Ice Cream, and Jellybeans
- Lively Latin 1- He started LL1 this year, but we had to drop it part way through because he still has trouble with a lot of written work. I hope to pick it back up sometime during fourth grade.
And I think that's it!